Hello! I will be happy to assist you with Russian. Please, find some information about me below.
I have always been passionate about teaching languages and learning about different cultures. I graduated from Moscow State Open Pedagogical University (with a Master’s Degree in teaching the Russian language and literature) in 2005, my additional diploma is ‘Methods of teaching Russian as a foreign language’ (Moscow State University, 2007). In order to improve my performance, I have recently moved to Finland to study at the University of Eastern Finland (based in Joensuu). I am doing a Master’s Degree program in Linguistics which is taught entirely in English and seeks to provide an opportunity to study language, linguistics, language technology and translation from a variety of perspectives.
I have worked as a language teacher for more than 10 years. I have worked with people of different cultural backgrounds: American, British, Scottish, Greek, Spanish, Italian, Czech, Polish, Romanian, Serbian, Australian, Ukrainian, Iranian, Peruvian, Japanese, Chinese, Swedish, Finnish, German, French.
The companies I have worked with include JPMC, Merck, Pepsi, Shell, BP, Alcoa, GlaxoSmithKline, Alcoa, AT Kearney, Ford, General Motors, AVON, H&M, AGCO, Oshkosh, Microsoft, Nike, General Electric, etc.
Being a Russian language teacher, I am responsible for:
• determining language schedule, assessing customers’ needs,
• preparing a course syllabus for students based on their goals and objectives,
• preparing daily lessons and providing instructions on teaching methods and authentic materials use,
• assessing learners’ performance and providing monthly reports on students’ progress,
• providing feedback to the students including recommendations on how to improve their experience,
• consulting other teachers on the choice of learning materials,
• providing cultural training on Russian traditions, customs, etiquette, etc.
When I teach, I always concentrate on all components of the language: listening, speaking, writing, reading, pronunciation, vocabulary building and grammar practice.
I will be happy to develop a special program for you to support your Russian studies and make them fun and productive at the same time.
Learning Russian by reading Russian Jokes
When I teach intermediate Russian, there always comes a moment when my students ask me to tell me something about the Soviet Union. The questions range from “What...