I am a native German speaker and full-time private tutor based in London, UK. I studied in Germany and Scotland and I taught German at primary and secondary schools in Germany for 7 years.
MY APPROACH ON TEACHING IN A FEW WORDS:
- the lessons are learner-centred as everyone is different and has different needs
- you learn skills that enhance independent learning (e.g. increase the awareness of one's own use of language)
- the emphasis is on active engagement in learning in and outside the classroom
- grammar is put into context of real communication whenever sensible
- in general, we want to contextualise our learning as this helps us to make connections and it makes learning most effective
- there is plenty and repeated opportunity to use new vocabulary, useful games included if you wish
- we use authentic texts whenever sensible as they often are more interesting than didactic texts
- use of different types of media (film, audio files, etc.) for more variety is always possible
WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
Whether you would like to learn the basics of German for everyday use or refresh your German from past courses; or whether you plan to relocate - I would be glad to help you to achieve your learning goals.
And if you are looking for a tutor for your child - I worked and work with children and young people aged 6 to 16 in many different contexts - so please get in touch if you have any questions.
Furthermore, I have years of experience working with dyslexic and autistic students and students with ADHD/ADD and I would be happy to adjust the lessons to any kind of special learning needs.
I studied at:
University of Kiel and University of Aberdeen
B.Ed. and M. Ed. in English and Philosophy