The best way to learn a collocation is in a phrase or a sentence. Let’s take this word: “way”. Take a look at the examples below to see the many meanings it can take.
- I must find a way to help him.
- Can you find your way back home?
- I learned the hard way that Jack can’t be trusted.
- Please tell me if I’m getting in your way.
- You must give way to traffic from the left.
- I’ve tried every possible way to get him to change his mind.
- Can you lend me some money? No way!
Now, try writing your own sentences here: __________________________________
Do you think this exercise will help you become more fluent? If so, let me know. Feel free to contact me if you need help with your English or book a trial lesson. See you around here!